We’re happy to announce our BackWPup 3.4.1 release. In this version are primarily some bug fixes and other enhancements.
But first things first: What new enhancements can you expect in BackWPup 3.4.1?
BackWPup 3.4.1 Release – That’s new
Here’s a general overview of what we’ve added in this release:
Feature: Debug Info
Often times when users contact us for support, we need to ask all sorts of information to find out more about their environment.
We’ve now put all this information in one convenient place for you to simply copy with one click and send over to us. And if you have BackWPup Pro, you can even contact us from right within the plugin and we get the debug info automatically, along with any logs you want to attach. We hope this will make your support experience much smoother.
Users couldn’t exclude folders under wp-content. We added that feature now.
BackWPup 3.4.1 Release – Bugfixes
Here’s a short overview of what we fixed:
Old Archives Now Deleted Properly
Some users experienced a bug where old backup archives weren’t being deleted as expected. We fixed that in this release.
Open Basedir Restriction
For some users on hosts with open_basedir enabled, they were unable to backup their files. However, now we’ve put the proper checks in place to avoid this error.
Complete Change Log
Here is a list of all the changes made to BackWPup 3.4.1:
- Only display Dropbox upload progress in debug mode.
- Allow user to copy debug info for support.
- Allow folders under wp-content to be excluded.
- Add Rate Us admin notice.
- Allow symbolic links to be excluded.
- Only encode DB values to hex when binary flag is set.
- Check if file is dot to prevent open_basedir warning.
- Fix PHP notice when running job via WP CLI.
- Fix the way Dropbox API wrapper handles errors.
- Support empty folder name when syncing to Dropbox.
- Fix handling of storing backups in root Dropbox dir.
- If archive name is not valid format, will still recognize and delete old files.
- Do not display admin notices for pro users.
- Add support form for pro users.
How to Get Support
If you’ve found a bug in BackWPup, please let us know over at Github.
If you need support for the free plugin, please post on our support forum on WordPress. We do our best to answer all questions quickly.
If you are a pro user, then please contact us via backwpup.com. As a pro user, you get priority support and we will ensure that we resolve your issue as quickly as possible.
Thanks for using BackWPup. We appreciate all our users who find value in our plugin. If you have suggestions, feel free to let us know.
Want to help us further improve BackWPup? Subscribe now as a beta tester!
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This site uses Google Analytics, Hubspot, Facebook pixels and Twitter pixels to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site and the most popular pages.
If this cookie remains in use, we can improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!