How do I create a Dropbox account?
To use Dropbox as destination to store backups, you only need a free Dropbox account, if the available space of 2 GB is enough for you.
If you already have a Dropbox account, you can of course use it for the backups.
To create a new Dropbox account, do the following steps:
- Visit dropbox.com and register with your full name, e-mail address and password.
- Check the I agree to Dropbox terms box. Click on Sign up.
- You got an email confirming the registration. Follow the instructions there to finish the registration.
- Now you can access your Dropbox Dashboard, where you can store, manage and share files.
- In the browser you will get a link to the paid version for a trial period or, if you want to use the free basic plan, you can click on the related link. This way you could download and install the Dropbox app into your computer selecting the version that fits your Operative System.