How do I upgrade BackWPup Free to BackWPup Pro?
You want to install BackWPup Pro but have the free version already running in your WordPress installation? To keep the settings of the free version, please follow this guide to upgrade to the Pro version.
BackWPup Pro can be purchased at BackWPup.com. The plugin zip file is available in your account after the purchase.
- Buy BackWPup Pro and download the zip file to your computer.
- Unzip the zip file. The unzipped folder is called backwpup-pro.
- Login to your WordPress installation and go to Plugins → Installed Plugins.
- Deactivate BackWPup. DO NOT delete the plugin.
- Via FTP, go to the /wp-content/plugins/ folder of your WordPress.
- Delete the folder backwpup.
- Upload the folder backwpup-pro, which you have unzipped in step 2, to the /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Go to Plugins → Installed Plugins of your WordPress. Maybe you have to reload the page, to see the newly uploaded Pro plugin.
- Activate BackWPup Pro.
- Enter your licence data on the settings page BackWPup Pro → BackWPup Pro Activation to receive automatic updates and get support if needed.