What does BackWPup do?
To save your site from a crash, you should back up your WordPress website regularly. There are many reasons for data loss, for example when your website is hacked or you deleted content accidentally. In this case you need to recover your website before these things happened – a backup previously done before can help you with that.
You need some experience on these things. It also takes you some time to get everything together and you will not do it regularly. You don’t need to struggle with all that, as there are automated solutions, like BackWPup! After a one time setup, backups are done regularly by the WordPress system and you can sleep well at night.
Table of Contents
Automated Backup for WordPress with BackWPup
The backup plugin BackWPup can be used to save your complete installation including /wp-content/ and push them to an external Backup Service, like Dropbox, S3, FTP and many more, see list below. With a single backup .zip file you are able to easily restore an installation.
BackWPup is available as a free version as well as a paid Pro version.
Please note: the free version offers not the same support as the BackWPup Pro Version. With our Pro version, you get first-class support and more features. A comparison of the free and Pro version can be found at the article “What is the difference between BackWPup Free and BackWPup Pro” in our documentation.
BackWPup Pro Features
An overview of the most important features of BackWPup:
- Database Backup (needs mysqli)
- WordPress XML Export
- Generate a file with installed plugins
- Optimize Database
- Check and repair Database
- File backup
- Backups in zip, tar, tar.gz format (needs gz, ZipArchive)
- Store backup to directory
- Store backup to FTP server (needs ftp)
- Store backup to Dropbox (needs curl)
- Store backup to S3 services (needs PHP 5.6, needs curl)
- Store backup to Microsoft Azure (Blob) (needs PHP 5.6, curl)
- Store backup to RackSpaceCloud (needs PHP 5.6, curl)
- Store backup to SugarSync (needs curl)
- PRO: Store backup to Amazon Glacier (needs PHP 5.6, curl)
- PRO: Store backup to Google Drive (needs PHP 5.6, curl)
- PRO: Store backup to HiDrive (needs PHP 5.6, curl)
- PRO: Store backup to OneDrive (needs PHP 5.6, curl)
- PRO: Complete Automatic Restore (needs PHP 5.6, curl)
- PRO: Standalone App for Emergency Restore (needs PHP 5.6, curl)
- PRO: Encrypt Backup Archives (needs PHP 5.6, curl)
- PRO: Restore Encrypted Backups (needs PHP 5.6, curl)
- Send logs and backups by email
- Multi-site support only as network admin
- Pro version and support available – BackWPup Pro
Remember: The most expensive backup is the one you never did! And please test your backups!