BackWPup Version 3.6.4 available: Patch Release
BackWPup version 3.6.4 is a patch release with fixes and tweaks. Take a look at the changes.
BackWPup version 3.6.4: The most important changes
Encrypted backups must force users to download the encryption keys
Now, users will be forced to download the symmetric and asymmetric private keys in order to prevent problems in case they have to restore a backup using the standalone app.
Unable to download backup file because of mime_content_type function was missing in some enviroment
There was a problem when users tried to download a file and they were using a Windows server because of
get_mime_type function was not found.
Exclude restore directories to be copied during a restore phase
Do not copy the
restore-temp directory when we are restoring a backup for security reasons.
Standalone App had no encryption support
Previous versions of the standalone app were not able to restore an encrypted backup.
All fixes of BackWPup version 3.6.4
- backup must force users to download the encryption keys
- Warning mime type when a backup is going to be downloaded
- Admin Notice in free version is sometimes empty
- Random restore error about SQL syntax when restoring a database
- Exclude restore directories to be copied during a restore phase
- Standalone App has no encryption support
- Open basedir, backup dir is not within the allowed path
- Unable to download backup file because of mime_content_type function missing in some enviroment
- Encryption Settings UI
- Minor translations issues
- Remove languages files from the free version, the plugin will use translation.wordpress.org
Still Problems? Contact us!
Did you find another bug in BackWPup? Please let us know over at Github.
Or do you need support for the free plugin? Please post on our support forum on wordpress.org. We do our best to answer all questions quickly.
If you are a Pro user, please contact us via backwpup.com. As Pro user, you get priority support. We will ensure that we resolve your issue as quickly as possible.
Thanks for using BackWPup. We appreciate all our users who find value in our plugin. If you have any suggestions, feel free to let us know.
Not convinced yet?
Take a look at all additional features compared to BackWPup’s free version.
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This site uses Google Analytics, Hubspot, Facebook pixels and Twitter pixels to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site and the most popular pages.
If this cookie remains in use, we can improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!