Install the BackWPup Restore stand-alone app
The restore feature is still in private beta and not publicly available.
This article will guide shows how to install the stand-alone restore app.
You will need
- FTP access to your web server
- As beta test you have or will have received an e-mail with information and a download link to the latest beta version. Use that link to download it.
- Unpack the ZIP using software like 7-Zip (Win), Archiver (Mac) or other software provided with your operating system.
- You will find 2 files in the folder
StartUp.php. Upload these 2 files to your web server. You can use a FTP Client of your choice to upload the files. The files should be placed in the same folder as your WordPress installation. I.e.
StartUp.phpshould be in the same folder like
StartUp.php should be in the same folder where your DocumentRoot points to.
- Now we can start the restore app. Let’s assume your WordPress site is available at http://example.com/.Now go to http://example.com/StartUp.php. The startup script will unpack all necessary files and forward you to the restore app. The app looks like the following.
- You are now ready to use the restore app.
StartUp script forwards but I see only a white page
This can happen in different situations:
The startup script might not be able to unpack
restore.phar correctly. Take a look into the directory where
restore.phar. Is there also a new
restore/ folder? If no, then the script was not able to unpack the app correctly.
Make sure that both files have the following file permissions:
If the startup script was able to create a
restore/ folder, take a look into it and see if there exists a file in