BackWPup 3.6.1, BackWPup 3.6.2 and BackWPup 3.6.3 are versions with collected bugfixes. In this blog post we give you further information about what works now and why it didn’t work before.
BackWPup 3.6.1: Bugfixes for a smooth operation
Backup doesn’t handle special characters correctly
When creating the backup archive, some file names were sanitized and in some circumstances this changed the file names and removed diacritics and accents leading to incorrect file names.
Also, sanitizing the file names that contain multiple extensions like “.min.js” were renamed to “.min_.js” for security reasons by WordPress.
We decided that since we cannot know which kind of files the user may have we don’t want to add additional security stuff when we create the backup.
So, now the files are stored in the archive as they are.
Backup doesn‘t override old database file in web root
If you have restored backup files in your root installation after a recently performed restore and you make a backup the database backup file that goes into the backup is the one you have currently in the root directory and not the generated one when you create the backup.
Cannot delete woocommerce_downloadable_product_permissions table
Was not possible to restore a complete database backup because the table `woocommerce_downloadable_product_permissions` depends by another one.
We set the database to not consider foreign key when we perform the restore, this fixes the problem and allows you to import the entire database correctly.
Changelog of 3.6.1: All Bugfixes in an overview
BackWPup, which was released on October 8th, 2018, contains the following bugfixes:
- Backup doesn’t handle special characters correctly
- Use of function that doesn’t exists prior to 4.9
- Class bryter/helpers/csrf/CSRF.php was not loaded
- Backup don’t override old database file in web root
- Restore Folder backup won’t download the backup file
- Function `owns_backup_archive` not exists, the one is `is_backup_archive`
- Some settings page and license api manager strings are missing translation
- Incompatibility with php 5.3 in destination folder downloader
- fatal error on Amazon Glacier because of an undefined function
- Ensure extra files are not overwritten
- Cannot delete woocommerce_downloadable_product_permissions table
- Incompatibility with php 5.3 in the restore process
BackWPup 3.6.2: Some more quick bugfixes
However, we had to make another few bugfixes. You can see the overview here:
- Not recognized file extensions get an additional underscore in the file name in zip file
- Backup archive file have dot folder contains all web root files
- Ftp destination downloader repetitively open a new handler for the source file causing corrupted backup.
BackWPup 3.6.3: And some last bugfixes
We apologize for not having seen all bugs. This is the changelog of the latest version:
- “Failed to restore file”: file restore progress stop working and jump directly to database restore step
- Restore progress stuck on “restoring database” with archive backup contains files only
- All config.php files are not in backup archive
Still Problems? Contact us!
Did you find another bug in BackWPup? Please let us know over at Github.
Or do you need support for the free plugin? Please post on our support forum on wordpress.org. We do our best to answer all questions quickly.
If you are a Pro user, please contact us via backwpup.com. As Pro user, you get priority support. We will ensure that we resolve your issue as quickly as possible.
Thanks for using BackWPup. We appreciate all our users who find value in our plugin. If you have any suggestions, feel free to let us know.