BackWPup release 3.6.7 is available: this new version is providing some fixes and tweaks to the code. Fixes make the plugin more stable and solve the issues found through our test sessions or by customers; tweaks provide little enhancements from the development and code maintainability point of view.
In this post we give you further information about the changes this version provides.
Encryption option should not be displayed for syncing job
The problem occurred when the user chosed to not create a back up archive, but instead to synchronize file by file to destination: in that case the option to encrypt the backup archive was still available. This of course didn’t make any sense and we decided to remove it in this new release.
Restore stuck on file restore step because of file permission issue
This issue occurred when BackWPUp was not able to overwrite a file in the restore destination, because that file had no write permission granted. Now this issue is fixed: even if the file is not writable, the process skip the file and continues processing all the others. The “file skipping” event is properly saved into the log file.
“Do not delete files while syncing to destination!” not working
This issue originated when user selected the option to synchronize file by file to destination, rather than creating a back up archive. In that case we realized that even if the “Do not delete files while syncing to destination!” option was selected, eventual older files still present in the destination folder were deleted during the process. The BackWPup release 3.6.7 now fix the issue.
Changelog for 3.6.7
Here follows the changelog:
- More margin to dashboard footer to avoid save button unclickable
- On folder sync destination folder is not created
- Encryption option should not be displayed for syncing job
- Restore stuck on file restore step because of file permission issue
- “Do not delete files while syncing to destination!” not working
- Increase PHP Version from 5.3.2 to 5.3.3
- Encryption Settings description and ui improvements
- On restore error, include `restore.dat` file along with the log when user download the restore log file
- Lock server to execute same task multiple time when one is already in progress
Still Problems? Contact us!
Did you find another bug in BackWPup? Please let us know over at Github.
Or do you need support for the free plugin? Please post on our support forum on wordpress.org. We do our best to answer all questions quickly.
If you are a Pro user, please contact us via backwpup.com. As Pro user, you get priority support. We will ensure that we resolve your issue as quickly as possible.
Thanks for using BackWPup. We appreciate all our users who find value in our plugin. If you have any suggestions, feel free to let us know.